Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bedrest

I ended up being on bed rest for 23 days (March 7th-March 29th)! Once I finished watching every episode of Army Wives on Netflex, I was bored out of my mind. I kept doing some work for school, which for the record was very hard to let go of. I don't know if I was just bored out of my mind or if I was just so uncomfortable that each day felt like a week.

The day before I went into labor, I had my my last appointment with Dr. Edwards. He was the specialist I saw in Albany. The appointment went great and he said I could go up to 38 weeks. I was actually disappointed and kinda mad that I had to carry these babies for 3 more weeks. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want them to come if they weren't ready but I was just in so much pain. My doctors in Thomasville thought that he would say we could schedule a c-section for 36 weeks, so that was the news I was hoping to get.

After our appointment (March 29th), we went to celebrate Celia's birthday at Summer's house. Everyone could tell I was in a bad mood, but didn't know how miserable I really was. Little did we know that in less than 7 hours I would go into labor. That night when we go home from the birthday party, I thought I had lost my mucous plug, but really wasn't sure....well we discovered that was exactly what it was a few hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment